Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Speaking of wing windows... - Airstream Forums

Speaking of wing windows...

I have one out and will be tackling the other one shortly. Don't know if it's typical, but mine have a trim ring around the interior that, once removed, gives clear access to the back side of the frames without having to remove any interior panels. I've got a LOT of sealant to clean out, but once I do, riveting the frame back in will be no problem. That being the case, would I be better off using buck or Olympic rivets?

On the subject of buck rivets, the rivet gun I see at Vintage Trailer looks like a standard pneumatic air hammer that mechanics use, and are readily available lots of places for a lot less than $150! I don't mind spending money on tools, but I do mind paying 2-3 times or more for the same thing, just because it's being sold by a specialty supplier. Or am I missing something? Thanks, folks.

Dave

0 comments:

Post a Comment