Thursday, March 8, 2012

Need a 1st class rivet gun - The Garage Journal Board

I do a LOT of solid rivet work and I really like the (used) Cleco 4x guns (about $125 used on eBay)...

Of course, if your rivets are near the edge, a Chicago Pneumatic rivet squeezer is the answer (about $350 used on eBay--as much as $3500 brand new). This has a fabulous trigger (I can consistently get as few as 2 hits at a time with this gun). This is an 'almost-like-magic' tool, once you get it set up for the rivets you are setting...

I get all my riveting tooling/accessories from Brown Tool Company (they have US-made options for many of their offerings)

I get all my rivets from Aircraft Spruce (really fast shipping)

Make sure you also get yourself a rivet cutter ($40). This is another 'almost-like-magic' tool...

And a rivet fan (if you lay out your own holes)...

M_P

__________________
I've kicked bigger butts for smaller reasons!

Working on a vertical stand for the deep-cut band saw, so I can get moving on the Fantastic Light Brackets for The Aerodrome Studio--my metalworking studio in a 2-car, attached garage, where I will make artistic, aircraft-inspired furniture, using primarily aluminum sheet and solid rivets. http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=122188

See me on MasterChef USA, Season 2, Shows 2 & 3. The guy in the purple shirt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment